Corsair® Limited Warranty
Corsair provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of Corsair hardware product purchased from an authorized Corsair reseller. Corsair warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for a specified period commencing on the date of purchase. The warranty period will vary by specific product, as identified in your user documentation, on the product package, or as listed in the attached listing of Corsair Warranty Periods. In the event any of these warranty periods differ, the longest specified warranty period will apply.
Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. This warranty provides you with specific legal rights, and you may have additional rights that vary under local laws.
In general, this warranty means your Corsair hardware product will operate in accordance with published technical specifications, as specified by its datasheet, and in the operating environment for which it was intended for the length of the warranty period.
This version of the warranty applies to products purchased on or after April 27, 2015. For prior versions of the Corsair limited warranty, please contact customer service.
Corsair’s entire liability and your exclusive remedy for any Corsair product that is not operating in accordance with its published technical specifications is at Corsair’s discretion: 1) to repair or replace the product at Corsair’s expense, or 2) to refund the price paid less a usage fee of 10% of the purchase price for each year since the date of purchase. This warranty obligation is conditioned upon the hardware being returned to the original place of purchase, or another place as directed by Corsair, with the original sales receipt attached. You may be required to pay shipping and handling charges, as well as any applicable tariffs, duties, taxes, or other fees. Corsair may, at its discretion, provide new or equivalent-to-new refurbished parts in good working condition, or repair or replace the hardware returned to Corsair.
Any repaired or replacement hardware will be warranted for the remainder of the original warranty period or thirty (30) days, whichever is greater, or for the period of time required by local statute.
Obsolete or Discontinued Products
An obsolete or discontinued product will be replaced with the same product if available. If Corsair is unable to replace your obsolete or discontinued product with the same product, Corsair will replace the obsolete or discontinued product, in its sole discretion, with a product having similar function and capacity.
This warranty does not cover problems or damage resulting from, but not limited to, any of the following:
- Wear and tear associated with normal use
- Any modification, abuse, accident, disassembly, misapplication, or unauthorized repair
- Removal of any manufacturer label(s) or sticker(s)
- Any improper operation, including any use not in accordance with any supplied product instructions
- Connection to any improper voltage supply
- Use of consumables, such as replacement batteries, not supplied by Corsair, except where such restriction is prohibited by applicable local law
- Any other cause which does not relate to a product defect in materials or workmanship
Also excluded from this warranty are counterfeit products; that is, products that Corsair, at its sole discretion, determines were not manufactured by Corsair or any of its authorized manufacturing partners.
Limitation of Liability
CORSAIR SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, REVENUE, OR DATA (WHETHER DIRECT OR INDIRECT) OR COMMERCIAL LOSS FOR BREACH OF ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTY ON YOUR PRODUCT EVEN IF CORSAIR HAS BEEN ADVISED PREVIOUSLY OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. Some local laws do not allow the exclusion or limitation of special, indirect, incidental or consequential damages, so this limitation or exclusion may not apply in your jurisdiction.
Exclusion of Implied Warranties
EXCEPT AS PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OR CONDITION OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ON THIS HARDWARE PRODUCT IS EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED Some local laws do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty may last, so this limitation may not apply in your jurisdiction.
In the event of data loss using Corsair storage devices, Corsair is not responsible for backing up or recovering any data that you may have lost.
National Statutory Rights
Consumers may have legal rights under applicable national legislation governing the sale of consumer goods.
No Other Warranties
No Corsair employee, dealer, or other agent is authorized to make any modification, extension, or addition to this warranty.
Special Warranty Period in the European Union
In the European Union, the minimum warranty period provided by the reseller is two years. The minimum warranty period provided by the reseller for refurbished products is one year.
How to Make a Warranty Claim
Before submitting a warranty claim, we suggest you contact our technical support group or visit corsair.com and review the support section for technical assistance. A simple fix for your problem may be found there.
Valid warranty claims should be processed through your point of purchase during the first thirty (30) days after purchase. This period may vary depending on where you purchased your product; please verify the return policy with the retailer where you purchased your product. Any warranty claims that cannot be processed through your original point of purchase should be addressed directly to Corsair. Our customer service contact information can be found on the web at corsair.com/company/contact/ or in the documentation included with your product.
Returning Your Product
In the event that you need to return your Corsair products for repair or replacement, Corsair will provide you with a Return Merchandise Authorization Number (RMA#) as well as return instructions. Do not return your product without prior approval from Corsair. Any product returned without a valid, unique RMA# will be refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense. To avoid problems at the time of receipt, clearly write your RMA# on the outside of the package and include a copy of your RMA confirmation e-mail within the package.
Request a Return Material Authorization Number (RMA#)
Please follow these steps to obtain an RMA number:
- For end user customers, submit an RMA# request online at: corsair.force.com
- A valid proof of purchase is required for RMA processing (i.e. receipt, invoice, copy of credit card statement).
- To request an Express or Advanced RMA, a valid credit card must be provided to secure the new replacement unit for shipping prior to Corsair receiving the defective unit.
- RMA credit value is based on the current published price list or lowest invoice value within 90 days of the day of the claim, whichever is lower
The lot codes on each module returned as a kit must be identical. If the lot codes do not match, the modules will be received and replaced as separate modules.
RMA Return Addresses
We have multiple RMA receiving locations worldwide. Your RMA confirmation will specify the specific return address you must use when sending your RMA package. This will be your standard return location and should not be changed without prior approval from Corsair. Any packages received at an unauthorized location may be refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense.
Products Lost or Damaged During Transit
The original packaging material should be used to pack the product for return; if the original packaging is not available, you should use packing materials that provide the same or greater protection to the product. All packages that arrive with any external damage or appear inadequately packed will be refused and returned to the sender at the sender’s expense. Corsair is not responsible for damage incurred during shipping to our RMA receiving locations.
You should select a return shipping method that provides tracking information. Corsair is not responsible for lost or misdirected packages.
- Corsair will perform a visual inspection of the package before acceptance to ensure there was no visible damage during transit which could affect the product being returned
- All products received go through individual visual inspection to ensure the products are genuine Corsair products with all applicable labels intact and free of physical damage/abuse
- We also confirm the RMA#, which should be noted on the outside of the package
- Packages with damage or that do not have a valid, unique RMA# clearly marked on the exterior will be returned to sender at the sender’s expense
- Counterfeit products, or products that clearly fit the warranty exclusions listed above, will be returned to sender at the sender’s expense
- After inspection, the product will be confirmed as received and processing will begin
- Typical Processing Times:
- 1 to 2 business days for your replacement to be processed or for a credit to be applied to your account.
- 3 to 5 business days for your replacement to be shipped and delivered.
- 14 business days for a check to be mailed to you.
- Consumers who obtained an RMA# using our online RMA process will receive automatic e-mail updates throughout the RMA process
Corsair Warranty Periods
Effective April 8, 2016, the following warranty periods apply:
- All DRAM memory modules have a lifetime warranty
- All USB 2.0 Flash Survivor®, Flash ReadOut and TurboFlash flash drive products have a 10 year warranty
- All USB 2.0 Flash Padlock® products have a 5 year warranty
- All USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 Flash Voyager and Flash Survivor flash drive products have a 5 year warranty
- All solid-state drive (SSD) products have a 3 year warranty with the exception of the Neutron Series™ which have a 5 year warranty
- Voyager Air products have a 3 year warranty
- AX Series™ PSUs have a 7 year warranty
- AXi Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty
- CS Series™ PSUs have a 3 year warranty
- CX Series™ PSUs have a 3 year warranty
- CX-M Series™ PSU Models CX430M, CX500M, and CX600M have a 3 year warranty
- CX-M Series™ PSU Models CX450M, CX550M, CX650M, CX750M, and CX850M have a 5 year warranty
- GS Series™ PSUs have a 3 year warranty
- HX Series™ PSUs with Platinum efficiency have a 10 year warranty. HX Series™ Models HX520W, HX620W, and HX1000W have a 5 year warranty; all other HX Series™ Models have a 7 year warranty
- HXi Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty
- RM Series™ PSUs have a 5 year warranty
- RMi Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty
- RMx Series™ PSUs have a 10 year warranty
- SF Series™ PSUs have a 7 year warranty
- TX Series™ PSUs with Gold efficiency have a 7 year warranty. All other TX Series™ PSUs have a 5 year warranty
- Vengeance Series™ PSUs have a 5 year warranty
- VS Series™ PSUs have a 3 year warranty
- VX Series™ (Models VX450, and VX550) have a 5 year warranty
- Obsidian Series® cases have a 2 year warranty
- Graphite Series™ cases have a 2 year warranty
- Carbide Series™ cases have a 2 year warranty
- Vengeance Series® cases have a 2 year warranty
- Hydro Series™ products have a 5 year warranty
- Air Series™ products have a 2 year warranty
- All fan products have a 2 year warranty
- All speaker products have a 2 year warranty
- All headset products have a 2 year warranty
- Gaming Mice have a 2 year warranty
- Gaming Keyboards have a 2 year warranty
- Gaming Mouse Mats have a 1 year warranty
Certified Refurbished Products
- Corsair offers a 1 year, replacement-only warranty for certified refurbished PSUs, Cases, Cooling units, SSD, USB parts, Audio, and Gaming Peripheral units.