World’s First Keyboards to use Cherry MX Speed Switches with 1.2mm Actuation
FREMONT, CA — April 21st, 2016 — Corsair®, a leader in high-performance gaming hardware, today announced the newest entries to its celebrated line-up of mechanical keyboards, the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE and K70 RAPIDFIRE. The first keyboards in the world to feature the all-new Cherry MX Speed switch, the Corsair RAPIDFIRE family’s linear mechanical key switches actuate at a distance of just 1.2mm. 40% Faster than a standard Cherry MX key switch, the Corsair RAPIDFIRE range gives gamers the edge when every millisecond counts and the outcome of a match rests on a single key press.
The RAPIDFIRE family of gaming keyboards build on Corsair’s legendary legacy of quality and innovation, retaining the aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminium construction and German-made Cherry MX key switches that has helped make the Corsair K70, K70 RGB and K65 best-sellers among gamers, PC enthusiasts, or anyone who simply demanded more from their keyboard.
With the new Cherry MX Speed key switch, the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE, K65 RAPIDFIRE and K70 RAPIDFIRE offer a new choice for those who demand the fastest key switches available. An ultrafast 1.2mm actuation point and light 45g actuation force make them ideal for split-second key presses or clutch gaming moments where every millisecond counts. With the speed you need to stay ahead and the accuracy you need to win, Cherry MX Speed is the standout choice for gamers who demand the shortest path to victory and is exclusive to Corsair.
Beneath the brushed aluminium and exclusive key switches, the RAPIDFIRE range is just as smart as it is fast. The K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE and K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE feature upgraded per-key multi-color dynamic vibrant back-lighting, allowing users to customize the color, pattern or lighting effect of every single key, while the K70 RAPIDFIRE offers the same effects in single-color red LED lighting. Whichever gamers chose, they’ll benefit from a host of easily downloadable profiles online to instantly light up their keyboard, or a host of pre-sets built into Corsair’s powerful software, Corsair Utility Engine (CUE).
What’s more, the RAPIDFIRE range of keyboards can be paired with the rest of the Corsair Peripheral range to unlock the full lighting potential of CUE. Synchronize the lighting effects of both your mouse and keyboard with CUE LINK, compatible with any Corsair RGB mouse, or see your sound by turning your keyboard into a dazzling graphic equalizer with VOID Visualizer, compatible with any Corsair VOID USB Headset.
All three RAPIDFIRE keyboards are also packed with features to give owners the edge, whatever game they play. The entire RAPIDFIRE family use 100% anti-ghosting gaming-grade circuitry and full key rollover over USB to ensure every key press counts. Replacement textured and contoured key caps are included for FPS (WASD) and MOBA (QWERDF) layouts, alongside a key-puller to make removing keys for replacement or maintenance simple. A USB 2.0 pass-through port allows you to easily connect a mouse, headset or any other USB device to your PC, while a full array of dedicated media controls and volume scroller means your game doesn’t have to stop to skip a track or pause the music. Finally, the included detachable soft-touch wrist rest provides the comfort to game for long as your fingers can keep up.
Corsair RAPIDFIRE – Play faster, Win More.
- Ultrafast mechanical gaming keyboard: Ultrafast 1.2mm actuation and light 45g switch force for truly unrivaled response time.
- 100% Anti-ghosting and full key rollover over USB circuitry: No matter how fast you go your keypresses will always register.
- Aircraft-grade anodized brushed aluminum frame: Light weight and rugged durability you need for a keyboard that’s going to see a lot of action.
- 100% Cherry MX Speed RGB key switches: Ultrafast performance with the precision and durability of Gold contact Cherry MX mechanical gaming key switches. (K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE and K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE Only.)
- Advanced lighting control and large font keycaps: Experience dynamic, vibrant multi-color backlighting.
- The power of CUE: Sophisticated macro programming and fast, fluid dynamic multicolor illumination for an enlightened gaming experience.
- Detachable soft-touch wrist rest: The comfort you need for marathon gaming sessions.
- Dedicated multimedia controls: The control you need to adjust your audio without interrupting your game.
- USB Pass-through port: Positioned for uninterrupted game play and ready for your mouse or wireless headset adapter,
- FPS and MOBA keycap sets: Textured and contoured keycaps provide maximum grip and enhanced feel.
- MSRP: K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE - $169.99, K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE - $139.99, K70 RAPIDFIRE - $129.99
For more information on the Carbide Series SPEC-ALPHA visit:
Images of the K70 RGB RAPIDFIRE can be found at the link below
Images of the K65 RGB RAPIDFIRE can be found at the link below
Images of the K70 RAPIDFIRE can be found at the link below
Founded in 1994, Corsair supplies high-performance products purchased primarily by PC gaming enthusiasts who build their own PCs or buy pre-assembled customized systems. The company's award-winning products include DDR4 and DDR3 memory, computer cases, PC cooling products, gaming headsets, gaming keyboards, gaming mice, power supply units, USB flash drives, solid-state drives and system monitoring and control devices.
Copyright © 2016 Corsair Components, Inc. All rights reserved. Corsair, the sails logo, and Vengeance are registered trademarks of Corsair in the United States and/or other countries. All other company and/or product names may be trade names, trademarks, and/or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated. Features, pricing, availability, and specifications are subject to change without notice.