How-To: Upgrading Dark Core RGB Firmware
So you've got yourself the Dark Core RGB or Dark Core RGB SE, CORSAIR's first wireless gaming mouse! While you could use this mouse right out of the box, we recommend downloading the latest version of CUE and upgrading the mouse's firmware for the best experience.
Here's a quick tutorial on how to grab the latest version of CUE and update the firmware of your Dark Core!
1. Open your favorite web browser and go to www.corsair.com/downloads webpage.
2. Select "Gaming Mice" from Product Category drop down menu.
3. Find "DARK CORE RGB/SE" on the list of products and click download button on the right to download the latest version of Corsair Utility Software (CUE). The version that supports DARK CORE RGB and DARK CORE RGB SE is 2.22.83 or later.
4. Install CUE by following on-screen instructions. A Windows restart may be required upon the completion of the install.
5. Start CUE
6. Plug-in the wireless USB transceiver (dongle) into the available USB port. NOTE: When using desktop PC, for best wireless performance it is highly recommended to plug the dongle into the available USB port on the front panel of the computer case.
7. The icon representing DARK CORE RGB will appear on the top of the CUE window. Click on the icon, if a firmware update is available, the "Update" button will appear at the bottom of the CUE window.
8. Connect mouse to your PC with USB charging/data cable included.
9. Ensure the power toggle switch on the bottom of the mouse is in ON position, and the wireless connectivity toggle switch on the bottom of the mouse is in 2.4GHz position.
10. Click " Update" button in the lower left hand side of the CUE window and the following dialog will appear "New firmware version is available. There is a new firmware version available for DARK CORE RGB. Do you want to update Firmware now?"
11. Click the "Update" button at the top of the FIRMARE UPDATE box to continue, a “Settings” screen will appear, and the firmware update process will start automatically.
12. After a few minutes, a firmware download will be completed, followed by the appearance of a "Warning" button at the bottom of the CUE window.
13. Click the "Warning" button and follow the instructions to complete the firmware upgrade:
a. Unplug the wireless USB dongle from the PC.
b. Disconnect the USB cable from the PC and the mouse.
c. Move the power toggle switch to OFF position on your mouse.
d. Plug the wireless USB dongle back into the PC.
e. Move the power toggle switch on the mouse back to the ON position.
And that's it! You're ready to experience all that the Dark Core RGB and Dark Core RGB SE have to offer!